|Optics Business Segment Optical Components Group Electro-Optics Group Markets & Applications Optical Materials Case Studies Contact||
Case Studies of Custom Optical Design & AssemblyDesigning and manufacturing optical products cost effectively
Dental imaging device (click for full story)
Helmet mount heads-up display (click for full story)
Our UV light projection system can precisely adjust an intraocular lens in the eye (click for full story)
• Full range of services, from à-la-carte to turn-key
• Design and rapid prototyping
• High or low volume manufacturing
• ISO-9001, ISO-13485, ITAR, and FDA registered
• Custom or off-the-shelf components
Read our case studies...
As an industry leader in opto-mechanical and electro-optical assemblies, ZYGO offers significant advantages:
• World Class Design Partner: Designing for manufacturing is a highly-collaborative effort that must satisfy both technical and business requirements. ZYGO excels at collaboration to the point where our engineers are often considered to be "key program assets" by our customers.
• Quality standards, well beyond the equipment: ZYGO metrology and quality are well respected worldwide, but our Electro-Optics group takes it even further by building-in robust quality procedures that prevent yield problems later in production. Our facility is both ISO-13485 and ISO-9001 compliant to satisfy our medical, semiconductor and defense customers.
• Reliable Manufacturing Processes: The frightening untold secret of many optical assembly providers is that glass and metal alignment/assembly is largely trial and error. And it may stay a secret until delivery problems occur at the production stage, and then persist for months or even years. There are no such secrets with ZYGO. Not only are our processes repeatable, but they are highly expandable. This is one of the reasons ZYGO is often the de facto sole-source supplier.
• Value, with a Measured Response: Many a CEO has been heard to grumble, "Why do we never have the time or money to get it right the first time?" Or, "Why did we design this to last 100 years when our customers only want five?"
At ZYGO, we understand the CEOs' concerns, as well as the sometimes conflicting demands placed on their organizations. ZYGO understands the delicate balance between price and performance.
From simple drop-in assemblies, to highly-compensated lithography optics, to high-altitude reconnaissance optics, we can help your technical staff achieve their goals, and satisfy the C-suite as well.
• Dental Imaging Device – a fledgling startup needed expert optical design and manufacturing services. ZYGO stepped in when it counted most.
• Heads Up Display – The military needed a new helmet-mounted virtual reality landscape simulator to train pilots. ZYGO's expert electro-optical design and manufacturing services helped them hit their target.
• Human Lens Replacement – ZYGO's FDA-compliant processes were instrumental in manufacturing a UV-curing optical system used in a novel approach to intraocular lens implants. We built a complete ophthalmic workstation to ensure a consistent, careful progression out of the prototype stage and into clinical trials.
From Concept, to Prototype, to ProductionZYGO can work with you at any phase of the Product Introduction Lifecycle, either as an extension of your existing team, or as a stand-alone product development team. Come to ZYGO when you need to get it right the first time.
Let's Get Started!Contact us today to challenge us with your project – filling out the form below puts you in touch with our electro-optical experts.
Note: If you experience any difficulty submitting this form, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
›› New: Selecting A Sapphire Window Manufacturer For High-Reliability ISR Applications: 6 Important CriteriaBrochures Spec Sheets Technical Papers
Contact ZYGO's Optics business segment at 800-ZYGO-NOW.