Precision Optical Components & Systems
Precision Optical Components
Design, Assembly, & Integration
Markets & Applications
Precision Optical Components Aspheres Extreme Precision Optics Super Finishing Optical Windows High Fluence Products Transmission Spheres & Flats Precision Reference Surfaces Optical Mirrors Corner Cube Retroreflectors High Precision Prisms Spherical Optics Thin Plate Optics Glass & Ceramic Machining Semiconductor Stage Components Straight Edges Coatings High-Precision Optical Windows CLEARCERAM® Mirrors Cordierite Mirrors Silicon Carbide Mirrors ULE® Mirrors Reference Mirrors
Silicon Carbide Mirrorssilicon carbide mirrors to exacting standards.
Silicon carbide (SiC) has long been recognized as an attractive mirror material due to its superior mechanical and thermal properties when compared to conventional optical materials. However, the material properties of silicon carbide, which make the material attractive from a design standpoint, have often precluded its use when low cost and rapid delivery of an optical mirror were required.
It is normally expensive to produce a lightweighted, super-polished SiC substrate, and the lead-time for obtaining a finished substrate used to be several months. However, working in conjunction a material provider, and using deterministic finishing techniques for the rapid fabrication of lightweight silicon carbide optics, ZYGO can produce high-quality SiC mirrors in a much shorter time as compared to traditional techniques.
In addition to plano silicon carbide mirrors, ZYGO has a wide range of optical manufacturing capabilities, such as:
• Multi-axis CNC machining & Single-Point Diamond Turning (SPDT)
• A large installed base of very large full aperture polishing process including many multi-meter class polishers
• Extensive experience in key sub-aperture finishing processes such as Computer Controlled Optical Surfacing (CCOS), Ion Beam Finishing (IBF) and Magneto-Rheological Finishing (MRF), through a variety of commercially available and custom made equipment
• Large coating capabilities and capacity
• Extensive cleaning (included automated) and inspection stations
• A wide range of metrology capabilities to characterize components across their entire Power-Spectral Density, with interferometers as large as 32" in diameter, and a wide range of state-of-the-art custom-made equipment.
Inquiry/Quote Form – Optical MirrorsPlease use the form below to tell us about the silicon carbide mirror you need, or ask questions about any of ZYGO's optical products, services, or capabilities. You may send any additional information, including specifications and/or prints, to:
** You may withdraw this consent at any time using the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any page on this web site.
›› Selecting A Sapphire Window Manufacturer For High-Reliability ISR Applications: 6 Important CriteriaBrochures Spec Sheets Technical Papers
Contact ZYGO today
× Enter the email address you would like to unsubscribe from future contact...