On July 14, 2020, Microsoft changed the default behavior for DataSet and DataTable deserialization from XML. Customers who install Windows updates after this date will encounter errors when they load an application into Mx™, regardless of the version of Mx™ they are running. In some cases the process stats windows is empty.
After loading an application into Mx™, several errors will be reported on the lower right Mx Status Bar.
The Message column in the Event View will look like this:
ZYGO will release Mx™ v188.8.131.52 to solve the issue.
Until Mx™ v184.108.40.206 becomes available, and for users who cannot upgrade to this version, the following procedure can be used.
- Login as Administrator
- Ensure that Mx™ is not running; Exit out of Mx™ if it is running
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Zygo\Mx\Bin
- Make a copy of MainUI.exe.config
- Left click on MainUI.exe.config (this will highlight the file name)
- Press Ctrl-C (this will make a copy of the file)
- Press Ctrl-V (this will place the copy in the current folder)
- Open MainUI.exe.config for editing with Notepad
- At the top of the file, you will see this section:
- Add the following lines BETWEEN the highlighted tags above:
The file section will look like this once complete:
- Save the file changes and exit out of Notepad.
- If you are not able to save the changes due to permissions (access denied), save the file to the desktop, then move it the correct location and overwrite the existing file.
- Start Mx™