Large Format Inspection & Metrology
The Nexview™ 650 metrology system is an inspection tool for automated measurement of injection molding tooling, PCBs, glass panels and other samples requiring an extended work volume up to 650 x 650 mm. It provides 2D & 3D measurements of a variety of surface features with sub-nanometer vertical precision and sub-micron lateral precision.
Coherence Scanning Interferometry (CSI) is the measurement technology at the core of the Nexview™ 650 system.
This non-contact technique provides high-precision, and high-value surface metrology benefits including:
- Measures virtually all types of surfaces, from rough to super smooth, including thin films, steep slopes, and large steps.
- Sub-nanometer measurement precision is independent of field magnification
- Gage capable performance - exceptional precision and repeatability for the most demanding production applications.
- SureScan™ vibration tolerance technology - robust operation in virtually any environment.
- Mx™ software enables seamless data exchange with other ZYGO Profilers including ZeGage™ Pro, NewView™ 9000, and Nexview™ NX2.
The Nexview™ 650 has been designed and built to ensure that the system provides value for years to come. With a metrology area that accommodates lateral dimensions up to 650 x 650 mm and sample load of > 100 kg, a vertical range of 150 mm, and options for a fully enclosed, or partially enclosed system, the Nexview™ 650 provides maximum flexibility for large samples that require precision 3D optical profiling.
For example. The system accommodates:
- Any of today's standard PCB substrate panel sizes
- Custom defined sample holders for flexible sheets, etc. which can be deployed with little concern for their mass on the high load Y stage
- Large, high mass injection molding plates that benefit from precise non-contact inspection to minimize potential precision surface damage
Customized chucks and sample holders can be designed or customer supplied to adapt the system for smaller panels or even singulated substrates to maximize application flexibility.
And the system's integrated recipe-driven automation software enables hands-free metrology of multiple features on each panel, all in a single workstation, reducing production time and increasing process knowledge.