Large Aperture Systems
Expanded apertures for large format optics metrology
ZYGO's horizontal-axis beam expanders increase the native aperture size of a 4” interferometer to 12”, 18”, 24” or even 32” enabling the precision of interferometry in large format optical component and optical system qualification.
Horizontal large aperture systems offer the unique capability to maintain two independent metrology channels; one of the native 4” interferometer aperture, and the other an expanded beam up to 32”, enabling the flexibility of two interferometers in one. When configured with the proper accessories the Large Aperture Systems can be used to measure both surface form and transmitted wavefront quality.
ZYGO Beam Expanders have been deployed around the world to satisfy the most demanding and precise applications for large-format optics metrology. Decades of experience in beam expander development and internal production of key components like super-precise reference flats ensure your application need is met and supported well into the future.
The Large Aperture System components can be purchased separately from the interferometer mainframe. Contact your local ZYGO representative for assistance in configuring the system to meet your metrology needs.
- Expanded aperture sizes 12”, 18”, 24” and 32”
- Dual channel 4” and expanded leg for added flexibility with both large and small apertures accessible
- Designed for high-resolution, each beam expander maintains ITF for interferometer systems up to 3.4k x 3.4k
- Support QPSI vibration robust acquisition
- Available in operating wavelengths from 633 nm to 1. 55 µm
- A range of optical and mechanical accessories are available for each aperture size, including reference optics up to λ/25 PVr