Aspheres & Freeforms
ZYGO manufactures the world’s most accurate aspherical, spherical and freeform optics. These can be manufactured in sizes up to 600 mm, with surface figure tolerances better than 100 picometers. To put this into perspective, imagine an optic the size of the Unites States with a surface accuracy of less than a millimeter!
Extreme precision powered surfaces:
- Many geometries in sizes up to 600mm:
- On-axis and off-axis aspheric.
- Freeform (non-rotationally symmetric)
- Kinoform and other diffractive surfaces
- Light-weighting and complex mechanical geometries available
- We are material agnostic. Our broad range of material experience includes:
- Low expansion ceramics: Zerodur, Clearceram, ULE
- Hard materials: silicon carbide (SiC), Alon, Spinel
- Soft materials: calcium fluoride (CaF2), magnesium fluoride (MgF2)
- Standard glasses: BK7, SF-11
- Other crystalline materials: germanium (Ge), silicon (Si)
- Metals: aluminum (Al), nickel (Ni)
- Extreme surface sub-angstrom figure accuracy. Global surface figure error of tens of picometers is possible!
- Control of mid-spatial frequency figure errors.
- Extreme low roughness, guaranteed over spatial periods as low as 10 microns.
- Extensive suite of manufacturing technologies:
- Computer Controlled Optical Surfacing (CCOS)
- Ion Beam Figuring (IBF)
- Magneto-Rheological Finishing (MRF)
- Precision optical & CMM metrology
- Physical null lenses or Computer Generated Holograms (CGH)